While I am petrified of tomorrow and all the vegetables I will have to peel, cut, cook, and serve, I'm also grateful to have vegetables and a home and a swell family with which to share them.
While this has been something of an annus horribilis (or, more precisely, July was a/an *insert forgotten Latin word for "month" here* horribilis), I still have much more to be thankful for than I have to lament. Sure, it'd be nice to have a job, and I'll miss my grandparents for the rest of my life. However, in the grand scheme of things, I'm pretty damn fortunate -- blessed, even!
1. FAMILY -- the greatest in the world!
2. Katie -- family and friend, but she gets her own category; she's earned it!
3. Friends -- old and new, foreign and domestic, I have an eclectic and wonderful network of allies and confidants. You guys rule!
4. America -- far from flawless but the best thing going, as far as I'm concerned! Could the anomalous, quirky, queer cynthtastic exist anywhere else? I really don't think so.
5. Live Journal -- this coincides with 3. I'm thankful for Live Journal because it allows me to keep in closer contact with the likes of fasterthanlight and saintdani while simultaneously letting me get to know kittengirly. (And Lord knows I'm easier to like in writing than I am in person!)
6. Materialistic flotsam and jetsam -- Sammy (my laptop), Claudia (my golden pathos plant), beer, central air in the new apartment, TVs and cable, Coca-Cola, my crock pot, my Squirtle water bottle, all my toys and action figures, my Hawaiian shirts, etc.
Yep, God's grace is everywhere I turn, and life is more good than bad.