- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
**While I want health, happiness, and peace in the new year and always, if any of you were capable of it, you'd have done it by now. For this reason, I'll stick to slightly more conceivable wishes.
01. I wish for a writing job of some kind.
02. I wish for a grammar book. I like John Warriner, but any good reference would do.
03. I wish for some cheesy comedies to watch.
04. I wish for more game nights. I love board games and card games.
05. I wish for board games -- new or old, good or bad.
06. I wish to learn new card games. I love pinochle, but maybe I'd love bridge or canasta or euker ... eucher? ... yoo-ker.
-- 06B. I wish I could spell more card games' names.
07. I wish I could sleep well. (Any tips?)
08. I wish I had more opportunity to bake.
09. I wish to throw a party with a much better turnout.
10. I wish to find a good church in the area.
So that's that. Happy Thanksgiving Eve!